Stewards of Children Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
The Stewards of Children program is the only nationally available program proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations (sports leagues, day care centers, after school programs, children’s clubs, church groups and more).
Stewards of Children is for any responsible adult who cares about the protection of children such as parents, grandparents, caregivers, teachers, and adults who work in youth serving organizations.
What Topics Are Covered in Stewards of Children?
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse.
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur.
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults.
- The signs of sexual abuse so you that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly.
S.A.F.E. and the North Enotah Domestic Violence Task Force has launched our Stewards of Children’s initiative for Union and Towns County. Our Mission:
- Train 5% of our two counties adult population (1,331 adults total)
- Train adults who serve children in the following settings: schools, faith centers, sports and recreational leagues, youth-serving organizations, medical and legal communities, and the general public.
- Reduce the occurrence of child sexual abuse in Union and Towns Counties.